Fire Safety Certificate Checklist
This guide is intended to give establishment owners helpful information where applicable.
* Adequate means of escape in case of fire or other emergencies.
* Exit signs and directional arrows indicating the path of egress.
* Clearly visible exit signs on all final exits.
* No smoking signs.
* Number of persons employed in specific parts of the work place.
* Number of persons employed or purposed to be employed.
* Particulars of any explosives stored or used at the workplace
* Particulars of any highly flammable materials stored or used at the workplace.
* Particulars of any hazardous materials stored or used at the workplace.
* Means of escape must be well maintained and free from obstacles in case of fire or other emergencies.
* Alarm systems: audible and visual warning devices throughout the building in case of fire or other emergencies.
* Exit doors shall swing in an outward direction
* Appropriately located firefighting equipment (extinguishers, hose reels, fire blankets, sand etc.
* Extinguishers mounted at prescribed levels.
* Fire protection equipment (total flooding systems, sprinkler systems, dry risers, wet risers, hydrants etc.
* Fire detection devices (smoke alarm, heat detectors).
* Unencumbered passage way to the assembly point.
* Trained personnel.
* Fire safety plans.
* First aid Kits on site.
* Fire safety inspections.
* Storage of gas (Natural, LPG, CO2, O2, etc.)
* Storage of petroleum products.
* Facility occupancy load.
* Auxiliary lighting.
* Construction of the building(including building materials, roof type).
* Fire Service Appliances access.
* Storage of combustible material in and around the building.
* Storage of flammable materials in metal containers and underground no less than two feet.
* Storage of flammable materials in metal containers above ground no more than 200 gallons
* All explosives more than 50 lbs shall be stored in a magazine.
* Expiration of entertainment license/fire safety certificate.
* License is not transferable.
* Loads(imposed, static).
* Electrical hazards.
Our contact numbers are*